amakyn Wrote:hello, i´ve been trying everything in this tutorial but i got some problems when importing .obj in daz, i can import them. but it appears just cloth with no victoria and no textures applied, i did point by point in the tutorial but still have the same problem. dont know why happen this. i´d be glad if u can help me. thanks
Making Cloth for Victoria 4
This tutorial deals with the overall process from cloth draping in Marvelous Designer to the final rendering in DAZ Studio. You can learn the following topics.
- File import/export for DAZ Studio
- Pose change
- Texture setting
All these works can be done within an hour using Marvelous Designer. Enjoy it.
* This tutorial is based on DAZ Studio 3.1 for windows
I. Exporting V4 as OBJ
There are two poses required; one is for initial draping and another is for the final draping. For the initial draping, T-posed V4 is preferred in general as it can make draping easy.
1. Load V4 taking T-pose at DAZ Studio.
2. Click “File> Export”.
3. And select “Wavefront Object (*.obj)” in Save as type.
4. Change the value of scale to “1000%” in OBJ Export Option as DAZ’s default unit is centimeter(cm) and Marvelous Designer’s is millimeter(mm).
5. Export V4 of another pose as an OBJ in the same way.
II. Importing V4 to Marvelous Designer
1. Click File> Import> OBJ.
2. Open the “V4 taking T-pose” to use it as an avatar.
3. And click “OK” to import. (If you exported V4 as 100% scale from Daz Studio, the value of Scale should be 10 in the Import OBJ Dialog of Marvelous Designer.)
III. Making Cloth on V4
1. Make patterns and set seams on Pattern Window.
2. Click the button to synchronize the patterns with Cloth Window.
3. Click the “open” button in the Arrangement BV of Object Brower Pane to load the arrangement bounding volumes for V4.
4. And click the “open” button in the Arrangement Point Tap to load the arrangement points for V4.
* Download Arrangement BV, Point (.zip)
5. Then you can place the pattern around her by using arrangement points which are displayed when you click the button in Cloth Window. To place each pattern, just click the arrangement point after selecting the pattern.
6. After arranging patterns, click the button to sew it up.
IV. Changing Pose of V4
1. Click “File> Import> OBJ” to load the V4 taking another pose as a morph target.
2. Check “Load as Morph Target and Animate” and click the “OK”. The “Morphing Frame Count” denotes the number of frames of the morphing animation from the current pose to the target pose.
V. Increasing Detail
1. Select all patterns and enter a “5” in Particle Distance of Property Editor Pane.
2. Click the button to synchronize the change.
VI. Setting Texture
1. Open a folder with textures in Windows Explorer. Drag an image from the folder onto a 3D cloth or a 2D pattern.
VII. Rendering Cloth in DAZ Studio.
1. Click “File> Export> OBJ”
2. Check the “Welding” to weld seams of patterns. And check on “Cloth_Shape” only.
3. Click “File> Import” in DAZ Studio
4. Change the value of scale to “10” in OBJ Import Options.
VIII. Render the cloth.